Portable Wi-Fi hotspot
Connectivity app that turns a device into a mobile hotspot
✓Subscribing to smartphone data plan is needed for users of some telecommunication firms.
✓Some devices need to perform this step.
From a Home screen, navigate: Apps Apps icon > Settings > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering (Wireless and networks section).
Note These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
Tap Mobile Hotspot.
Tap the Mobile Hotspot switch to turn on Switch on or off Switch off.
Note If prompted, review the warning then tap OK to confirm.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to change network connectivity state.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.